PEO Workers Compensation Underwriter
With a high degree of accountability, reviews new business proposals to determine and evaluates prospective PEO client's degree of Workers' Compensation risk. Accepts or declines prospects for PEO Workers' Compensation insurance coverage. Audits and corrects client and employee classifications to ensure the ongoing integrity of the book of business, and partners with outside vendors and internal staff to ensure the profitable growth of Workers' Compensation revenue.
- Reviews PEO sales proposals to evaluate prospective clients’ degree of Workers Compensation risk and accepts or rejects based on their acceptability for PEO Workers’ Compensation coverage. Partners with sales and field service PEO departments to gather complete and accurate information to support underwriting decisions.
- Conducts current PEO Workers Compensation client base audits to ensure both client and worksite employee classifications are correct and updated and that proper premium collection is maintained.
- Updates underwriting procedures, policies, communications, classifications, and rates to maintain compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Responds both accurately and timely to all information requests from PEO Workers Compensation clients, Paychex internal departments, PEO insurance/consulting vendors, and regulatory agencies to provide a high level of service accountability.
- Prepares management reports for PEO risk manager to provide information for making business decisions. Assists management in evaluating information to determine suitability of continuing individual client relationships.
- Educates sales and field service personnel to help them obtain additional client information in support of underwriting and classification decisions and to respond to regulatory inquiries when necessary.
- Trains and mentors Workers’ Compensation underwriting support staff.
- Educates sales and key internal business partners to aid in understanding underwriting decisions and identify appropriate and preferred risks for the PEO.
- Partner with PEO Safety and Loss to gather complete and accurate information to support Workers Compensation.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function.
- Associate's Degree in CPCU, AU or IIA Insurance Designation.
- PEO experience.
- 3 years of experience in Insurance underwriting experience with a working knowledge of Work Comp state statutes and regulations.
Full Time / Part Time:
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.