PEO Health & Benefits Underwriter
Provide health and benefits insurance underwriting, technical and sales support services for the Paychex Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- Reviews new business prospect evaluations completed and forwarded by the Underwriting Specialist.
- Facilitates sales submission and quotation process associated with the PEO health insurance sales initiatives.
- Assesses degree of risk and exposure to individual client health insurance claims within the context of the PEO Group Health Insurance program. Make selection and rejection decisions on prospective PEO health insurance clients.
- Interacts with PEO Sales organizations to assure compliance with insurance carrier underwriting and group eligibility requirements.
- Negotiates with insurance carrier underwriters on individual cases to secure the most comprehensive and competitive quotation terms, conditions and pricing.
- Acts as a liaison between the PEO sales and service organizations, carrier and client to resolve routine questions and requests for information from the carrier.
- Provides product and industry technical support and expertise; serve as a resource reference to Paychex Agency Sales.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3 years of experience in Underwriting, selling or marketing, health and benefits insurance.
- Life Accident and Health license . (Required)
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.