Product Owner - SurePayroll
As an independent decision maker, this role directs the work related to the analysis, development and testing resources associated with one or more agile teams. The Product Owner - SurePayroll is responsible for the definition of work in the Product backlog and for the prioritization of that work for their assigned team(s)-meaning they are responsible for determining when product and application functionality is released into the market. The Product Owner - SurePayroll collaborates with the Product Manager to help formulate strategies to maximize revenue/retention and minimize risk for the clients of their assigned products. The Product Owner maintains on-going relationships with their stakeholders and conducts research with clients in order to continuously make informed decisions.
- Defines agile project scope and is directly responsible for the management of the product backlog (which drives the delivery of features) for their assigned teams. Evaluates, prioritizes, and sequences the product APR backlog based on business value and/or ROI.
- Represents Product Management on agile teams as the Product Owner/Decision Maker to assist in answering questions and to provide strategic direction to agile teams.Provides agile teams with technical expertise in business requirements and market conditions/needs shaping the specific functionality included in each product release. The Product Owner role is generally assigned to products/projects with mid to high-level complexity/impact to the company.
- Works with and assists the Product Manager to translate high-level company vision and strategy into actionable product plans.Communicates and collaborates with internal and external customers to identify product improvements, analyze user needs, identify project scope, and document features/high level functional requirements. Works in conjunction with partners in development, agile teams and program management to determine overall cost and return on investment.
- Facilitates discussions and conflict resolution across teams with multiple Product Owners and Stakeholders to ensure timelines are met.Navigates organizational boundaries to develop a vertically aligned product implementation thus ensuring that product vision, road map, marketing, sales strategy, operational readiness and product backlog are aligned.
- Collaborates with Product Manager(s) regarding long-term product strategies and roadmaps. Identifies and researches new product opportunities to increase sales and revenue.
- Participate actively and punctually in Daily Scrum, planning, Demo & Retrospective meetings.Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with Paychex products/markets and/or Product Management experience.
- 8 years of experience in Product management or product experience and management experience.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.