Designs, develops and troubleshoots software programs for computer based systems.
- Performs basic analysis and design for program changes to gain an understanding of application changes.
- Provides time estimates for development tasks to aid in scheduling. Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Completes more complex program changes to translate specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Applies application specific technical skills to independently produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquires and utilizes basic business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognizes code inefficiencies and makes suggestions for improvements, if applicable.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Supports programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Complies with and contributes to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline.
- 1 year of experience in Related field and experience using one or more programming language(s).
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.