GENERAL LEDGER SETUP SPECIALIST
To provide technical support to clients for General Ledger during the implementation and set up stage. This includes calling new General Ledger clients to train and set up their GL accounts. Properly setting up preferences and assisting the client through the download process.
- Supports the General Ledger Reporting Service by fielding inbound calls and making outbound calls to clients and CPAs to support existing client base.
- Distributes product information internally to Paychex field personnel for the purpose of education and training of updates to the General Ledger Reporting Service.
- Meets department goals for telephone and e-mail response time to ensure quality customer service.
- Maintains knowledge of payroll and all ancillary products and services in order to assist branch personnel with general ledger and accounting issues.
- Assists clients and CPAs with entry of new client information into the General Ledger Reporting Service.
- Provides technical expertise regarding internet practices and PC functions in order to assist clients and CPAs with PC-related procedures, including file download, editing files, and import/export functions.
- Supports clients and CPAs with technical advice on the use of accounting software such as Quickbooks, Peachtree, Creative Solutions, and Datafaction.
- Utilizes familiar accounting terminology when speaking with accountants, but is also able to interpret the needs of clients with limited accounting knowledge to ensure that appropriate level of customer service is provided.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and administers training programs for all new and current employees to optimize level of effectiveness and ability.
- Logs phone calls and email in order to build and maintain a database of client and CPA interactions.
• Experience in small business accounting utilizing accounting software to perform tasks such as payroll, balancing bank statements, budgeting, and monitoring cash flow preferred.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.