Manager, Payroll Tax - SurePayroll
Responsible for ensuring payroll tax accuracy and maintaining compliance with tax regulations. Leads and develops a team of payroll tax supervisors. Maintains strong internal customer relationships by addressing questions and escalations with accuracy, a sense of urgency, and professionalism. Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
- Manages and is accountable for one-time execution of tax responsibilities, including project deliverables.
- Coordinates with key business partners to review and monitor cross-departmental process impact.
- Reviews and analyzes payroll tax procedures; applies continuous improvement methods to streamline processes and mitigate risk.
- Leads, hires, trains, and develops payroll tax supervisors.
- Manages and reports on key performance indicators and metrics.
- Develops staffing plans and establishes work schedules; prioritizes team workload to maintain service levels.
- Works with Compliance, federal and state tax agencies, and third parties to resolve client escalations.
- Maintains system integrity and validates time and attendance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Discipline.
- 5 years of experience in Payroll/Tax Management.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to lead/manage others.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.