IT Service Requests Specialist II- Beachwood
Supports Paychex field and corporate personnel by fulfilling employee desktop service requests, either through the Enterprise support repair or request processes. This may include hands-on or remote repair of computers, installation of software, data recovery and restoration, and/or recertification of used equipment. It may also require participation on projects as needed.
- Provides quality technical phone, onsite or depot support to Paychex internal field or corporate staff on computer system hardware or software issues for the purpose of supporting the users computing uptime. A process service catalog requests for new or repurposed hardware, software or peripherals and reviews, cleans and/or repairs returned equipment and certifies it for reuse.
- Enters and maintains complete and accurate details regarding service requests in the online system of record. Reviews incident or request entries and maintains any internal or external reporting data for use by management for the purposes of problem trending and continuous process improvement. Has proficiency in generating reports, views or dashboards in order to show group performance with regard to error rates, service level performance, and others as needed.
- Has proficiency with the various applications and utilities used in the fulfillment of service requests and cross-trains others in the department to improve their skillset.
- As an authorized self-maintainer, coordinates vendor hardware and software service when necessary. With a vendor to have equipment diagnosed, replaced or researched as needed. Plays the role of primary vendor contact by identifying and escalating issues in in repair turnaround time, or with the vendor-Paychex relationship and acting as subject matter expert with regard to vendor tools and introduction of process changes.
- Contributes to the online knowledge database, both with authoring of new articles, but also identification of modifications or retirement of incorrect out outdated entries in order to provide accurate instructions for consistent problem resolution and/or trending for purposes of issue elimination.
- Acts as subject matter expert in problem recreation or testing of hardware OR software to determine root causes.
- Contributes to the development of support or service request procedure, recommends changes where appropriate. As the environments change, examines service requests processes, both existing and proposed, with a continuous process improvement focus. Collects supporting data, input and benefit, and suggests improvements to management.
- Informally, and as needed, performs the function of a team lead to provide day to day direction on work assignments, with regard to balancing across the group and identifying backup responsibilities to cover absence as well as adhering to priority, SLA and OLA requirements. Acts as group representative on project or task force initiatives.
- Acts as a resource/mentor to Specialist I by addressing questions, providing guidance or identifying training opportunities to enhance skillsets. Participates in the interview and staff selection process as needed.
- Understand and complies with the various priorities, SLAs and OLAs related to the services requests in the area of responsibility. Ensures adherence to Paychex policies ad standards.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics or Computer based concentration.
- 2 years of experience in Experience with windows based operating systems, hardware repair, imaging, and backup-restore. Experience on a help desk is a plus. Experience with non-windows based OS is a plus.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.