Payroll Tax Specialist I - SurePayroll
- Under direct supervision of the Payroll Tax Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing effective day-to-day execution of payroll tax processes and activities for our clients and internal business partners. Accountable for payroll tax payments and filing, audits and accurate tax compliance and reporting results.
- Maintains good internal and external customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with accuracy, urgency and professionalism. Performs data entry and demonstrates strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot customer problems.
- Perform all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax support services, including audits and reporting accurately.
- Pay and file tax returns timely and accurately in accordance with agency, region and client requirements on time. Works client problems; taking a broad perspective to identify solutions to create a positive customer experience.
- Perform data entry as required to ensure quality assurance is presented every time and maintain case management and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain individual performance to established service level agreements, goals, objectives and key performance indicators in accordance to industry standards.
- Works proactively to maintain current knowledge of all tax regulatory changes and tax trends within the industry and at the state, local levels to ensure accuracy.
- Escalate and communicate high-level processing issues to management and the appropriate operational groups to ensure timely follow-up to enhance the overall processes.
- Identify and bring forward opportunities for process improvements to more efficiently execute the overall payroll tax process and understand impact to mitigate risks.
- High school diploma required.
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP) desired or related experience
- 1 year experience in Payroll/Tax preferred. Strong problem-solving and ability to interpret data Strong analytical and mathematical skills Thorough knowledge of research and filing procedures and resources Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills Ability to work within a high volume, fast-paced environment Demonstrates the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct Effectively meets deadlines with accuracy Organizational skills are a must
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.