Insurance Compliance Manager
This position is responsible for the compliance program for all Paychex Insurance activities, PBS, BeneTrac, and COBRA. This includes developing and executing a comprehensive compliance program which ensures adherence to all applicable regulations; managing and developing staff; building and maintaining constructive relationships with senior management and other key internal partners, as well as outside regulators and industry groups.
- Serves as senior compliance leader for assigned businesses to oversee the development, maintenance, and implementation of a comprehensive compliance program to support these businesses.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of industry trends and changes in insurance, product legislation/regulation and makes recommendations for changes to Compliance Director and senior management to ensure compliance with pertinent federal, state, and local mandates and/or company policies.
- Recruits, selects, hires, and evaluates performance of personnel to ensure all department needs are handled appropriately. Counsels and develops staff for personal and corporate advancement through career development, training programs and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Develops and maintains constructive relationships with internal and external business partners to ensure compliance needs are properly communicated and executed and to minimize impact/cost of compliance to Paychex. Manages the company's relationships with external regulators of assigned businesses. Represents the company as needed on industry groups/coalitions.
- Works closely with the Compliance Director to drive the formulation of department policies, strategic plans, and standards to carry out the objectives of the Paychex Compliance function.
- Oversees licensing, continuing education, and appointment processes for company's registered insurance staff to ensure regulatory and carrier requirements are met.
- Maintains basic understanding of compliance initiatives across the enterprise to provide cross-functional strategic support within the Compliance organization.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline and/or law degree.
- 10+ years of experience in Insurance/PEO compliance management.
- Insurance licenses a plus.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.