Customer Service, Payroll Specialist
Responsible for all aspects of quality client service. Contacts and assists clients with payroll input; verifies totals and resolves client issues.
- Maintains base of payroll clients on products for assigned clients in order to meet client payroll, Human Resource, and employee benefit service needs.
- Contacts clients daily according to set schedules in order to obtain payroll data, including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations, and employee deductions or adjustments.
- Keys all payroll-related data necessary to process and meet appointment schedules.
- Provides quality client service to maintain a high rate of client retention.
- Maintains knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws to develop a trusted relationship with our clients. Corresponds with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of clients to resolve problems.
- Maintains client files to ensure efficient operation and improved client service.
- Researches and resolves client and system problems to ensure accurate payroll reports and tax returns.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agencies, and coworkers to promote a positive quality service image.
- May participate in conducting branch training sessions to empower and develop employees.
- Continues self-study modules to become a Senior Payroll Specialist.
- H.S. Diploma.
- 3 years of experience in Office experience with a proven facility in data entry, customer service, and problem resolution.
- Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.