Incident Manager I
Oversees PC Research, Service Request and Depot
Manages a team whose primary goal is to restore normal service to IT related operation as quickly as possible and minimize the adverse impact on business operations, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained.
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident response team in order to assure maximum service availability.
- Manages the work of second level incident staff in order to assure maximum service availability.
- Develops and maintains the Incident Management tracking systems in order to support incident management processes.
- The Incident Manager I is accountable for the day-to-day operational and managerial tasks demanded by the process activities to restore normal service.
- Ensures effective and efficient resolution of incidents transferred by the service desk to restore normal service within defined service levels.
- Maintains awareness of the customer’s business priorities, objectives and business drivers to determine best course of actions & priorities in restoring service.
- Promotes, inspects and ensures that the Incident Management process is used correctly in order to comply with incident management policies & procedures to effectively restore service.
- Provides management and other stakeholders with strategic needed information related to incidents and potential problems to make the appropriate decisions during times of incidents.
- Ensures that the Incident Management key performance indicators are met to maintain quality standards and documented service levels.
- Ensures that the Incident Management process operates effectively and efficiently through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd levels of technical support and from outside Third Party organizations to restore normal service.
- Ensure that Incidents are resolved in a proper and timely manner and the resolutions adhere to objectives set forth in Service Level Agreements.
- Participates in the design and improvement of the Incident Management processes, policies and procedures to increase service support.
- Leads major incidents or directs a Situational Lead to drive restoration of service for major incidents.
- Functions as a point of escalation for the Incident Staff in efforts towards service restoration.
- Escalates the incident condition to Line Management if service levels are threatened or are expected to be breached in order for other management groups to develop actions.
- Coaches Incident Management staff in the correct use of the incident management process to assure consistency.
- Identifies training requirements of the incident staff and ensures that proper training is provided to meet the requirements.
- Identifies recurring outages through trending analysis, and with other IT functions develops plans to assure maximum service availability.
- Audits the Incident Management staff to assure consistency while performing the incident management process.
- Provides IT staff with appropriate information enabling others to perform their function effectively. This includes process information, technical knowledge, record allocation information, and access to Known Error information through the knowledge management function.
- Participates in on call responsibilities, providing situational leadership for high severity events to quickly restore critical service availability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology related discipline .
- 7 years of experience in Related field.
- 5 years of experience in Supervisory experience.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.