Sr Business Intelligence Analyst - Finance
Through advanced technical and business analytical skills, researches, designs, and develops solutions to meet the ongoing needs of senior leadership. Partners with all levels of management to ensure that meaningful insights and recommendations are provided.
- Builds and designs visual tools such as dashboards to assist management in quickly understanding current business trends.
- Drives the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to enable analysis and key indicator reporting to all levels of management, up to and including the Officer team.
- As prescribed by Senior Leadership to uncover and identify opportunities for improvement, conducts regular and ad-hoc analyses for tactical daily operations, as well as for key project initiatives and strategies. Possesses knowledge of the business and business processes. Understands how analytical needs support business processes and proactively applies this knowledge to solve business problems.
- Prepares and distributes operational reports to management to monitor and evaluate performance. Makes recommendations to improve performance in various areas.
- Works with large sets of data to gain insight and draw inferences between disparate data sets. Analyzes data using scripts and query tools, working and innovating within querying databases, and performing statistical analysis.
- Identifies and understands key issues, and develops conclusions based on research through strong analytical thinking and quantitative analysis to make recommendations for programs and changes to policies, processes, staff, and systems. Implements approved strategies within the service operations organization to confirm findings. Monitors success of programs and reports results to senior management.
- Participates in process improvement efforts through metrics quantification and analysis, in an effort to improve effectiveness and/or increase efficiencies.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with all business partners to ensure a high level of utilization of team services for departmental needs.
- Meets regularly with the leadership team, including Officers, to report status of reporting requests, present analysis results, and to discuss opportunities for improvements within operations.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Master's Degree.
- 6 years of experience in Data warehousing, data mining, or analytical environment.
- Experience with SQL, VBA, or Business Objects.
- Technical experience with databases and data warehousing concept/tools and proven capability to strategically problem-solve using advanced quantitative and analytical skills.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.