Security Operations Manager I
With minimal supervision, the position is responsible for leading Security personnel in the monitoring and management of all security processes and technologies that reduce or remove security related risk in support of the enterprise and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Works with Security Operations Management to develop security programs and projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Establishes the direction and strategic vision of their team to ensure the departments objectives are aligned with the current business needs.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends or plans the implementation of new or updated technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies, and analyze their impact on the existing environment.
- Assists in the development of their department's annual capital and operating budgets for purchasing, professional services and routine operations to promote fiscal responsibility.
- Develops and maintains metrics that report on the overall security posture of their departments in terms that the business can understand and act upon to improve the state of security at Paychex.
- Remains informed on current and emerging trends, threats and issues in the security industry to provide technical guidance at Security Review Board, Security Program Team and Security BAU meetings to minimize threats and risks to the enterprise.
- Works with the enterprise architecture team to ensure that compliance is built into systems architecture and to identify, evaluate and select security solutions to meet security/compliance needs.
- Conducts roadmap / industry trend discussions with vendors to stay ahead of new and emerging technologies to ensure Paychex implements the latest and most secure transmission methods.
- Initiates the selection and hiring of employees, trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and takes appropriate personnel actions as well as for salary increases, transfers and terminations.
- Coordinates with vendors, corporate counsel and asset management personnel to establish mutually acceptable contracts and service-level agreements to meet fiscal targets and corporate information security needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or Computer Science.
- 5 years of experience in Computer field.
- 2 years of experience in Managerial responsibility overseeing the security and audit of data and information systems within a transaction based organization.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.