Compliance Analyst I
Provides compliance support specific to employment laws to internal business partners. Ensures timely and accurate problem resolution while mitigating risk exposure.
- Maintains working knowledge on Paychex products and services, including laws/regulations, enacted and proposed legislation, official guidance, trends, and industry best practices applicable to assigned area of responsibility. Partners with and makes recommendations to Compliance leadership and business management to ensure compliance with pertinent federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Develops and maintains constructive, influential relationships with internal and external business partners to ensure compliance needs are properly communicated and executed, as well as to minimize impact/cost of compliance to Paychex. Serves as point of contact to manage the company's relationships with external regulators and agencies, vendors and other key parties. Partners with leadership to address escalated questions or concerns.
- Supports or conducts research on complex compliance risk-centric issues impacting Paychex products and services, including proactive identification of regulatory and legislative developments to support stakeholders in strategic business decisions.
- Participates in assessment of compliance implications of internal and external communications, advertising/marketing materials, and other corporate strategic initiatives to ensure compliance objectives are achieved.
- Participates in complex projects and engages business partners for participation, as needed, to support strategic business initiatives.
- Provides actionable, comprehensive risk analysis on complex regulatory and other compliance matters to internal partners where necessary and as requested. Proactively prepares regular gap and other needs-based analysis to provide risk mitigation measures.
- Contributes to opportunities for business partner continuous learning through compliance alerts, weekly letters, webinars, training sessions, and newsletters.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2 years of experience in Related field.
- Applicable educational background and prior compliance experience preferably in the Human Resource field is desired.
- SHRM or HRCI certification would be desirable.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.