Senior Payroll Specialist - Beachwood
This position is responsible for quality control of profit statements, payroll and sales tax data, and submitting direct deposits, along with other miscellaneous bank processes.
- Review, correct as needed, and ship out profit center statements to clients within required time frames.
- Process and submit Direct Deposits, Positive Pay and other miscellaneous bank processes.
- Review and correct payroll and sales tax information prior to submitting to Payroll Tax department. Data must be submitted in a timely manner to allow Tax Department sufficient time to compile returns.
- Resolve and correct any errors identified by Tax Department within required turn around time needed by Tax Department.
- Train new hires on processes.
- Assist with new system testing and implementation.
- Perform General Ledger reconciliations between Full Service and Accounting systems.
- Accuracy and timeliness of profit center statements, reconciliations, payroll tax and sales tax data.
- Error rate stays within acceptable standards.
- Assistance with system testing and implementation is accurate, organized, and efficient.
- All duties are implemented in a manner to support company policies and procedures and enhance teamwork.
- Timely and accurate completion of tasks is maintained in organized, effective, and positive manner.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting.
- Requires understanding of basic accounting principles including payroll, payroll taxes, sales tax, and general ledger reconciliations.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.