Sr Manager, Business Development - Channel
Builds market position by locating, developing, negotiating, and closing new referral relationships. Drives effective execution of programs by the Field Sales organization. Oversees Managers responsible for executing these responsibilities.
- Drives Field Sales execution of the company's referral partnerships to increase channel productivity by developing and working with Sales Management to implement standard calling routines for sales reps, developing and working with Sales Management to implement reporting and accountability routines for use by sales managers in managing rep calling activity, and coaching Sales Managers in effective partnering and sales rep management routines.
- Meets or exceeds sales/revenue objectives of the business unit through new client growth or increased revenue from existing clients to support overall company growth goals. Manage an operating routine consisting of activity standards, established pipeline metrics, forecast accuracy, and plan achievement.
- Recruits, selects, hires, and evaluates performance of personnel to ensure all department needs are handled appropriately. Counsels and develops staff for personal and corporate advancement through career development, training programs and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Develops and executes a structured prospecting plan to develop new referral partnerships and increase sales volume in the open market.
- Develops and implements communication strategies to produce effective communication of program information, including results, expectations, promotions/campaigns, and policies and procedures, to the Field Sales organization to ensure effective execution of the programs.
- Creates business development strategies for long term and strategic business objectives to create long term relationships.
- Acts as subject matter expert and primary point of contact for the Business Development Group to provide consistent information on the channel and Partnerships.
- Participates, as required, in the ongoing management of existing relationships to support business growth.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop and implement marketing programs and promotions, in coordination with partners, to maximize product line visibility within referral distribution channels.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing.
- 7 years of experience in sales of payroll, employee applicant tracking solutions, or employee benefits.
- 3 years of experience in Sales Leadership and/or Multi-Product Solutions selling experience.
- Project Management or Project Lead experience.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.