SEC Senior Accountant
Assists in the preparation and review of external financial statements and SEC filings, supports the Accounting Department in areas of stand-alone financial statement review and readiness of external audit work binders, and assists in production of Audit Committee presentations and adhoc research on technical accounting matters. Ensures adherence to procedures in accordance with company policy.
- Prepares or reviews external financial statements and SEC filings, including press releases, annual reports, proxy statements, etc., to ensure complete, accurate, and timely disclosure. This includes review of XBRL tagging.
- Acts as technical accounting resource to other parties, both within and external to Finance, providing technical accounting guidance on specific transactions or scenarios. Participates on cross-functional teams to communicate technical knowledge, identify questions or issues, and cooperate in the development of recommendations. Partners with others to provide timely and accurate answers to technical accounting questions and provide education on technical accounting topics to appropriate groups.
- Prepares or reviews stand-alone financial statements for appropriateness and completeness of disclosures. Coordinates with internal and external auditors for audits of these financial statements. Reviews work binders and completes disclosure checklists for external auditors.
- Provides timely and accurate data for Investor Relations events to support Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive. This includes preparing and/or reviewing teleconference scripts and power point slides.
- Reviews newly issued accounting standards to assess impacts to the company. Prepares research on complex accounting matters for distillation to reporting manager and other invested parties. Provides draft disclosure on areas of new requirements including presentations to the Audit Committee.
- Reviews and drafts internal accounting policies to ensure consistency and adherence to applicable regulations. Coordinates publishing of policies to Financial and Accounting home page for use by all company employees.
- Prepares financial analysis of a complex nature to present impacts to the company of various scenarios.
- Evaluates competitor disclosures and best practices for analysis and comparison purposes, often on request from Senior Executives. Determines improvements that can be made in the company's financial statements and disclosures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of experience in SEC Reporting or other relevant experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Demonstrates written communication skills.
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Certified Public Accountant . (Preferred)
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.