Voice Operations Technician I
Provides enterprise wide technical support and customer service for voice communications products and services. Investigates, organizes and completes; moves, adds, and changes associated with the voice communications infrastructure for corporate and filed locations. Provides second level support for incidents reported associated with the voice communications infrastructure or services. Maintains complete and accurate records associated with all respective responsibilities.
- Fulfills service requests (MACs) associated with Network Services Voice Communications service catalog by coordinating and providing accurate, complete and timely information to field engineering, manufacturer and facilities vendors and confirming that all work requests are completed accurately and on schedule in order to meet SLAs.
- Provides second level incident support for all voice communications systems and services across the enterprise, as assigned to queue, to ensure that service level agreements are met and incidents are appropriately addressed and communicated or escalated to management and vendors.
- Audits system health, including backup success, capacity, licensing, survivability, BCP resources; monitors manufacturer announcements for updates to firmware, security and/or bug fix releases and assesses/makes recommendations to address impact on Paychex environment to ensure that Paychex infrastructure remains current and healthy.
- Identifies opportunities to downshift repetitive, monitoring and standard resolution work to the ITOC. Works with ITOC resources to develop process and procedures to migrate task and responsibilities.
- Continually reviews environment for more fiscally effective ways of delivering services.
- Participates in BCP planning and researches/recommends enhancements based on new BCP experiences, new business models and technology advancements to ensure continuance of service.
- Identifies gaps, makes recommendations, investigates solutions and reviews new and revised departmental processes, procedures and standards to increase efficiency and ensure that department documentation is complete and accurate; adheres to standards during all administration activities.
- Creates complete and accurate documentation to support accurate record keeping and appropriate transfer of knowledge. Reviews documentation created by others.
- Mentors less experienced Voice Operations Technicians to assist in their development and advance their knowledge of Paychex processes and technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Voice Communication Engineering.
- Experienced with various VoIP technologies including, QoS, MGCP, H323, SIP, SRST, SRSV, Voice gateways. .
- 5 years of experience in Performing operational or support activities associated with an enterprise voice communications environment. Hands on experience with installing, upgrading and maintaining IP telephony /UC systems.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.