Tax Analyst - Federal
Provides support to Sr Tax Analyst - Federal for Federal income tax, abandoned property, and fixed asset related matters.
- Prepares various Federal income tax return calculations, including production activities deduction, R&E credit, and management fee calculation.
- Responsible for abandoned property compliance, including return filing, required due diligence mailings and follow up, and monthly account reconciliations and analysis. Provides audit support as needed.
- Collaborates with business partners (e.g., facilities, HR, branches, etc.) and third-party vendor to identify incentives opportunities. Prepares incentives applications and coordinates information needs for ongoing incentives compliance.
- Assists with the property tax function, including obtaining and validating data for third-party preparer, handling assessments and payments, and preparing any necessary in-house returns. Supports audits as needed.
- Prepares the quarterly fixed asset provision calculation to ensure accurate calculation of tax depreciation and basis.
- Reviews existing processes within the department to identify opportunities to streamline or enhance those processes.
- Fields and responds to property tax and abandoned property notices to ensure compliance with information requests and properly support tax positions taken.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- 3 years of experience in General Accounting.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.