Database Administrator II
With guidance performs general database administration activities, assists with DBA responsibilities on project teams, and develops skills for database support.
- Under guidance of another DBA, assists with installation and configuration of databases and database-related software utilities to meet department needs.
- Monitors and supports database environments. May write basic SQL or OS scripts to be used to monitor and support database environments.
- Learns backup and recovery processes to ensure high availability and recoverability of databases.
- Collects statistical data and performs simple analysis using well-defined procedures for capacity and performance monitoring.
- Performs standard functions to administer system access (e.g. setting up accounts, maintaining privileges and roles, maintaining passwords).
- Reviews system design documents (SDD) to understand assigned tasks.
- Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Assists with the database infrastructure build to meet project objectives.
- Supports routine database changes during user acceptance testing and post implementation to ensure integrity of the application.
- Under guidance of DBA Lead, assists in Business Continuity Plan (BCP) projects and tests to ensure high availability of our critical production databases.
- Develops a general understanding of databases and operating systems, to build skills necessary to provide daytime and after hours support for production databases.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline .
- 1 year of experience in Database experience.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.