Software Test Automation Engineer - SurePayroll
Performs software coding and implementation tasks related to building Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) service regression test harnesses, automated test scripts, automated load and performance tests and internal IT tools to improve software quality and reduce the test time needed in software releases for Payroll solutions at SurePayroll.
- Under the direction of the supervisor and guidance of the test architect, implements in software the automation of regression scripts utilizing established standards and best practices. This automation of applications testing will improve the time to market for Payroll services.
- Implements, reviews, and debugs automated test scripts for regression changes to ensure the change meets the business requirements, specifications, and design.
- Implements and maintains a highly scalable and easily usable automation test library which will provide a repository of reusable automated test scripts used by the manual testing organizations.
- Under the direction of the supervisor and guidance of the test architect, implements and debugs an automation framework that ensures SOA middle tier testing is highly integrated with development’s implementation to provide effective, automated test harnesses.
- Implements and debugs changes to the test environments to ensure the integrity and completeness of the integrated test environments to allow meaningful automated end-to-end test results to be extracted.
- Under the direction of the supervisor and guidance of the test architect, implements and debugs automated load and performance tests scripts that will be used to help determine the Payroll services meet the service level of quality identified by the business.
- Under the direction of the supervisor and guidance of the test architect, implements and debugs an easily assessable, transparent reporting techniques for both manual and automated test results to be consumed by Test and Project Managers and senior management.
- Assists in formulating the resource testing estimates required for projects based on business requirements, specifications, and design.
- Respond to leads inquiries regarding project tasks and status; collects statistical information; executes automated scripts; source controls software and output results.
- Ensures automated test implementation meets Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulatory requirements by providing necessary output documentation for 404 audits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Customer service, problem resolution and communication skills desired.
- 3 years of experience in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.