Manager Desktop Engineering
Manages end user computing environment, specifically desktop, laptop, and tablet hardware platforms, client applications, and related management systems to provide a stable, reliable, and secure end user interface to Paychex systems and services.
- Manages departmental activities in support of internal customers SLA's (Service Level Agreements) & OLA's (Operational Level Agreements) for the purpose of meeting and/or exceeding system/platform stability and availability targets.
- Defines and disseminates departmental goals and mission. Monitors and tracks activities in support of these goals to ensure alignment with goals defined by IT Senior Management.
- Develops, delivers and manages the capital budget for client devices hardware platform and related software applications.
- Directs and coordinates staff activities to maximize available resources in support of Paychex IT internal customers.
- Oversees the daily management of internal end user computing platforms, including desktop, laptop, and tablet PC environments, enterprise, business unit, and departmental applications, and related management systems, to ensure a stable, reliable, and secure computing environment.
- Manages systems user policies and configurations to provide a secure, stable, and functional desktop computing environment, which maintains the highest possible user uptime and systems utilization.
- Manages desktop computing hardware and software lifecycles to ensure Paychex remains current with existing computing requirements.
- Oversees the development of desktop software and hardware distribution policies, processes, and systems to facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of necessary business services. Manages overall software package and patch deployment as well as hardware/software inventory and auditing for the entire enterprise in order to deliver quality, auditable implementations.
- Manages and assigns resources to projects, and program teams, and review boards, to assure maximum leverage of Paychex resources and provide an optimal balance of support for existing and delivery of incremental solutions.
- Ensures adherence to all Paychex Data Security policies relative to enterprise computing and access to maintain the highest levels of both internal and external security of Paychex and client data.
- Negotiates and manages significant transactions with external vendors to acquire, implement, and maintain enterprise hardware, software and related management systems in support of Paychex mission and goals.
- Develops standards, policies and procedures for all of the listed technologies based on legislation, Paychex policy and industry/vendor best practices to assure compliance with all applicable laws, guarantee stability and availability and to provide optimal performance and efficiency.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, salary management, training, and coaching of staff to produce a highly motivated, effective and qualified team.
- Maintains effective relationships with IT management and staff as well as corporate management to maximize productivity and the effective use of end user assets throughout Paychex.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 5 years of experience in Management.
- 8 years of experience in Related field.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.