Enterprise Service Health Engineer
In this senior technical role, the Enterprise Service Health Engineer will identify actionable insights and meaningful business conclusions, through data, that will be used to drive company investments focused on improving performance, availability and reliability of our applications and services. This role requires outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a strong ability to communicate and collaborate across functional teams. Leveraging our fast growing structured and unstructured datasets, the Service Health Engineer will statistically analyze large data sets to connect the dots across a range of application, business, performance, capacity, and operational information to provide insights that will influence the company's strategic decisions. This role will have a strong focus on experimental design & prediction in addition to developing causal and predictive models that explain or predict usage patterns, client behavior and system impacts on the customer experience. Additionally, this role will be required to prepare and deliver powerful presentations with rich data visualizations, key insights, and recommendations to leadership and people that have varying levels of technical and business knowledge. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of both IT application software and infrastructure concepts, and is skilled in figuring out how to make data come together by finding patterns within large data sets (leveraging a combination of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms). A willingness to learn, and an aptitude for process automation in order to gain effectiveness and productivity that can be leveraged throughout the team is highly sought after for this role. Come join a dynamic, highly engaged team who plays a critical role in understanding the health of Paychex Inc.'s IT applications and infrastructure services, and through data, influences partners on a weekly basis to drive service improvements that result in a better customer experience!
- Performs deep dive statistical analysis across a variety of IT application and infrastructure data, focused on performance, availability and reliability metrics to assist in root cause exploration of unfavorable trends.
- Creates algorithms that analyze high-volume, unstructured data sources to build models for understanding customer usage profiles, application performance, reliability and availability.
- Researches, recommends and develops creative solutions to complex organizational challenges surrounding data consumption and modeling, leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling and data mining techniques to provide big-picture insight into the health of our applications and services, while also providing the ability to dive deeper as necessary.
- Creates dashboards and visualizations of structured and unstructured business, performance and operations data for internal and external consumption.
- Communicates analytical findings, and proactively develops recommendations that can be presented in a clear and concise way, to both technical and non-technical audiences, in both in oral and written presentation formats.
- Collaborates and leads strategic discussions with the business, architects, developers and product management to influence change as the business continues to grow and change.
- Oversees statistical studies on data to understand how the evolution of workload affects the infrastructure. This data is a critical factor in managing service health.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or other quantitative field.
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or related field.
- 4 years of experience in IT services organization.
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Promotes information sharing.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations.
- Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.