Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Manages two or more financial personnel and is accountable for the performance and results of a Financial Planning & Analysis team. Completes advanced financial analysis assignments that may have a strategic impact on Paychex. Acts as a subject matter expert within or outside specific responsibility area(s). Interacts with Directors and Vice Presidents within and outside of Finance in the completion of projects, and participates on and influences cross-functional teams regarding financial planning and reporting.
- Manages the Financial Planning & Analysis process for designated areas/functions including preparation of the annual financial plan, periodic forecasts, and monthly variance analysis of actuals compared to plan and forecasts, to monitor business performance. Consults with business unit leaders to provide strategic partnership and direction to ensure appropriate targets are achieved.
- Provides strategic direction to the team to guide partnerships with business units. Reviews and finalizes analysis and reports to ensure recommendations will achieve business unit objectives. Manages and directs departmental projects to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Partners with designated Directors and/or Vice Presidents to provide appropriate financial reporting and guidance for decisions leading to favorable financial outcomes.
- Completes financial analysis assignments, determines approach, and develops and evaluates assumptions regarding financial and operational variables to provide strategic direction to stakeholders.
- Recruits, selects, hires, and evaluates performance of personnel to ensure all department needs are handled appropriately. Counsels and develops staff for personal and corporate advancement through career development, training programs, and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in departmental processes and areas within and outside responsibility to provide partnership to assigned business units and coverage to alternate business units if needed.
- Utilizes financial systems to retrieve and analyze data, perform advanced research and interpret findings that have financial impact, and draw appropriate conclusions to support business unit decisions and performance results.
- Reviews and approves procedures and processes to ensure integrity of financial data in analyses and reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- 2 years of experience in Leadership experience.
- 8 years of experience in Related field.
- Effective leadership skills.
- 10 + years of progressive financial experience, including 2 + years supervisory.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.