Sr Manager, Applications
A senior management role that provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff in application software development services to support achieving business goals. Serves as a key leadership figure and decision maker on Software Program teams. Accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units. Interacts with the Paychex Officer Team and Directors in order present business proposals and provide status updates on critical projects.
- Manages a team of 70+ software developers and approximately 3 managers responsible for constructing mission critical applications in support of Paychex products generating $500,000,000 - $1,500,000,000 annually by the Sales force. Manages the development of Paychex’s highest impacting product lines.
- The teams develop program logic for new applications, or analyze and modify logic in existing applications. Their job responsibilities include: analyzing requirements, writing, testing and debugging code, producing documentation, and implementing/maintaining software applications.
- Responsible for the delivery of mission critical software projects, meeting time, budget, and quality requirements to ensure system improvements are successfully implemented. May be required to make decisions and set direction to ensure the time, budget and quality requirements are met.
- May create business proposals related to software initiatives (business efficiency improvements, process improvements, technology upgrades, process improvements, etc.) and present them to Senior Management.
- Servers as a key stakeholder on Software Program teams. Responsible for developing high level resource plans to support Product Roadmaps. Makes or influences key decisions related to product functionality and program priorities.
- Serves as a key leadership figure within Product Development and Information Technology. Recommends, influences, or implements departmental-wide changes to improve process, productivity, or employee satisfaction (i.e. STARS responsibilities).
- Collaborates with cross functional business partners to establish, maintain and manage applications in various lifecycle stages.
- Oversees the planning and execution of software development tasks and resources required to staff software projects to meet desired timelines and project expense budgets. Decisions are guided by resource availability, project portfolio ranking, and functional objectives.
- Participates with other Senior and Executive Management in defining, maintaining and prioritizing new products, upgrades, enhancements and improvements as necessary to support the business in meeting customer expectations.
- Conducts performance reviews and provides constructive and effective feedback to direct reports. Sets goals and monitors progress of managers and staff.
- Provides direction and guidance to Development Management in order to complete tasks that support project goals and maintains accountability for performance and accomplishments.
- Provides leadership and influence to groups outside of the I.T. organization to achieve results and timelines.
- Provides visionary ideas / plans and implements vs. Solely executing current BAU processes.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 7 years of experience in Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.