Sr Manager, Architecture
The Senior Manager of Architecture provides overall vision and leadership for the creation, communication, and execution of the architectural strategy for the Paychex internal and external product portfolios.
- Supervises and directs several IT, Architect managers and select high level individual contributors who are responsible for creating architectural designs, setting architectural standards, and driving strategy around the Paychex product portfolio.
- Defines the architecture of the product portfolio stacks (application / presentation, middleware, business tier, data, infrastructure) in order to ensure a highly scalable, effective, and competitive infrastructure environment, software and hardware standards, and software application portfolio.
- Ensures architectural support and enables Paychex non-functional requirements (performance, security, scalability, maintainability, reusability, simplicity, elimination of redundancy) in order to ensure an effective software development process, release cycle, and highly competitive software application portfolio.
- Creates and maintains accurate technical roadmaps that are aligned with product strategy to ensure consistency and timely results. Sets departmental short and long term goals/visions and monitors progress of managers and staff to deliver on architectural initiatives.
- Responsible for tactical and strategic vendor management activities to ensure that we are efficiently and effectively making significant purchase decisions, assimilating technology which allows us to be scalable, reliable, and effective, holds vendors accountable for their obligations to Paychex, and are making prudent financial choices. Also conducts due diligence activities related to architectural aspects of mergers and acquisitions to ensure compatibility and interoperability resolution with Paychex systems/architecture.
- Maintains regular interaction and communication with IT Vice Presidents and IT Directors regarding short and long term strategy and day to day portfolio management to ensure proper planning and execution. Acts as a skilled communicator who is able to bring clarity and understanding of technical concepts to cross functional senior management audiences in order to present forward looking business direction and strategy.
- Couples broad knowledge of industry innovation and trends with knowledge of Paychex products to select appropriate technologies for introduction into the product portfolios. Creates the internal technology standards for product development ensuring consistency and reliability across the Paychex product portfolio.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in Leading IT application development and technical management role.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.