PEO Payroll Specialist - HROi Tampa
Responsible for all aspects of quality payroll service for PEO clients. Partners and collaborates with PEO clients with the objective of producing accurate, compliant, and timely delivered payrolls. Liaison with Paychex cross-functional departments to support various products and services that interact with payroll, within the PEO co-employment platform.
- Processes payroll accurately and in accordance with PEO guidelines.
- Accurately enters and maintains employee related information in the payroll system, including, but not limited to: personnel changes, wage adjustments, garnishments, child support and liens, tax withholding changes, direct deposit, , special withholdings, leave of absence/termination forms, and all other PEO-required forms necessary for payroll processing.
- Accurately enters and maintains all client related information in the payroll system including, but not limited to: client demographic changes, billing changes: workers' compensation and state unemployment codes, client sponsored benefit plan deductions, paid time-off benefit programs, managerial, labor, and other custom reports and related payroll schedules.
- Ensures that quality payroll service is provided to PEO clients by maintaining the highest level of quality service as measured by client satisfaction scores and client retention.
- Reviews new hire and employee change paperwork and collaborates with client for the objective of producing accurate, compliant and timely delivered payroll.
- Trains and assists the client and their representatives on the Paychex PEO related websites and educates clients on federal and state tax regulations and federal labor laws.
- Reviews, researches and assists PEO Accounting, Finance, and Tax departments with reconciliation of general ledger account discrepancies and data integrity issues.
- Collaborates with all payroll related internal departments and field client service team to ensure client issues are quickly resolved and documented accordingly; coordinates conference calls between the client and associated departments, promoting Paychex' quality service image.
- Maintains knowledge of Paychex/PEO payroll processing system enhancements and changes in wage and tax laws to assist PEO departments with problem resolution on behalf of PEO clients.
- Maintains knowledge of all PEO service offerings to assist clients with general inquiries.
- Maintains knowledge of PEO payroll policies and procedures to ensure compliance with PEO requirements.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Associate's Degree.
- 1 year of experience in Prior PEO payroll experience or payroll experience or internal transfer.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.