Accounting Services Specialist II - Beachwood
This position is responsible for completing back office support transactions related to incoming or outgoing cash, related tasks, and to report any potential fraudulent activity or other financial risks identified.
- Reviews appropriate reports for payment application or posting issues and corrects according to procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, contacting customers, end debtors, or others to reconcile remittance differences.
- Manages retrieval of data needed to complete posting of transactions.
- Provides support service to other departmental requests including, but not limited to, check copies and reports.
- Maintains records and logs of transactions as required.
- Completes clerical tasks including, but not limited to, copying, scanning, mailing, filing, report distribution, and responding to emails and phone calls. Fulfills other duties assigned to support the general purpose of the functions.
- Completes processing of daily transactions activity, including incoming cash or outgoing cash transactions, to ensure they are completed accurately, timely, and in accordance with department and company policy. This includes recording of information in appropriate databases.
- Evaluates transactions and alerts appropriate members of management of potential fraud or other financial risk factor promptly to ensure any impact on the business can be evaluated and appropriate action taken.
- Participates in meetings affecting area of responsibility to stay informed regarding risk factors that need to be monitored.
- Assists with special projects, such as yearend audit prep, as needed.
- H.S. Diploma Required
- Previous work experience with data entry and balancing numbers preferred.
- Ability to manage own workload to meet daily deadlines in a high-volume work environment.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Good data entry skills, including speed and accuracy.
- Must be detail oriented, customer focused, and proactive.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability use multiple types of software, with strong Outlook and Excel skills, and proficiency in basic office equipment.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.