Middleware Engineer I
More than just a paycheck. Paychex is the leader in the small to medium sized business space for Truly Human, Human Capital Management. We help business owners and leaders attract the best talent through streamlined human resource processes and benefits packages while at the same time maximizing the productivity of their employees once onboard. We often hear that the best thing about Paychex is our commitment to culture. Here you will find a company that rallies behind its values and builds its strategies around them. At Paychex, we value loyalty. Through hard work and ongoing growth and development, doors open. Many of our Executives came up through the ranks at Paychex, and for that we are #paychexproud.
Only the best need apply. Paychex is more than just ‘payroll’ – we are a technology company. Paychex IT professionals are driven to create solutions and empowered to innovate. As a Paychex IT professional, you are sharp, tech-savvy, and passionate about leading edge technology solutions.
All in. All the time. Your success as a Paychex IT professional depends on your ability to identify and implement technology solutions. You thrive in an agile environment with a focus on creating best-in-class products for clients. As a Paychex IT professional, you will have limitless growth and advancement opportunities due in part to the diversified products and services Paychex offers. We will equip you with all the tools you need to become an expert in your position while also providing you the building blocks to reach your next one.
In this role you’ll:
- Support cross-functional project teams to fill in middleware design gaps and help solve design problems often using a Dev Ops approach.
- Proactively identify and create automation that not only reduces toil created from reoccurring requests, but improves client/business services availability. Emphasis on source code control for standardization in pre-production and production.
- Deploy, configure and support mostly simple and occasionally moderately complex middleware and applications (Corporate and Third-Party) in physical and virtual compute environments for use by internal and external systems.
- Create and maintain technical reference documentation (Wiki knowledge base) to be used in support and training of Information Technology (IT) personnel.
So what are you waiting for? If you're reading this and it sounds like we're writing about you, apply online at www.paychex.com/careers. Check out our leadership team on LinkedIn and get an inside peek at our culture @insidepaychex.
The Web Engineering team supports software infrastructure teams through stakeholder (development, release, project and platform) partnership to create solutions while educating and guiding. We troubleshoot, provide the infrastructure link to the application and suggest middleware configuration changes. We perform moderately complex middleware and application (Corporate and Third-Party) software upgrades as well as periodic health checks in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures. In support of software release cycles, we implement changes and provide technical support during critical and non-critical business hours. We are both proactive and reactive in problem alerting, analysis, resolution, and follow up to ensure platform stability. We work in a team setting and stress collaboration and communication.
Just some of the reasons why our employees are #PaychexProud:
- We value your well-being: From health care plans to retirement planning and wellness programs, we provide our employees with resources to help manage life’s twists and turns at any given time.
- We value your time: From paid time off, to company holidays as well as comprehensive work-life balance programs – we know there’s more to your life than just work.
- We value your development: Our best-in-class training and development team will provide you with ongoing learning opportunities to give you the building blocks to grow your career at Paychex. Couple that with our optional tuition reimbursement program and you're sure to go to the head of the class.
- We value your perspective: Our company culture is a reflection of the diversity of our employees. We want you to be you.
- We value our community: We offer paid-time off for volunteerism and promote many company-wide and local initiatives that benefit organizations you care about.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.