Operations Engineer I
A position under moderate supervision, responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining middleware applications, SQL Server, and Oracle database in support of business requirements. Performs middleware and application upgrades. Provides technical support during critical and non-critical business hours. Proactively identifies and automates the resolution to availability and performance failures throughout the environment. Creates and maintains technical reference documentation to be used in support and training of Information Technology (IT) personnel. Subject matter expert in event management tools and business applications in order to investigate, correlate, analyze, and research incidents and problems. Uses various problem solving and systems analysis techniques to resolve complex and nonstandard Incident and Problem Management cases with an objective to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the adverse impact on.
- Supports the Operations Center Technicians in monitoring and responding to all Paychex systems including server, storage, network, telecommunications, backups, facilities, and applications (including management of production payroll, system upkeep, tax pay, 401k and all other business processing jobs via the enterprise scheduler assuring successful execution.)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining technical reference documentation to be used in support and training of Information Technology Operation Center (ITOC) personnel.
- Proactively researches and analyzes data from monitoring and analytical tools used by technology platforms and Paychex business applications in order to specialize and resolve issues quicker and predicts trends and develop action plans to mitigate
- Works with internal third level teams to continuously look for opportunities to identify and move engineering tasks down to the second level resources for execution. These would include performance of system changes, service restoration, and general maintenance.
- Proactively identifying and automating the resolution to availability and performance failures throughout the environment.
- Assess, recommends, and implements processes for proactive monitoring solutions in order to maximize system high availability and to deliver consistent quality service
- Able to create and modify utilities for the express purposes of quick restoration of service create productivity gains and report trends in event response, where gaps in existing toolset exist.
- Participates in on call responsibilities to ensure 24x7 coverage for critical services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline .
- 2 years of experience in Windows, Linux, middleware administration.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.