Bankruptcy and Loss Portfolio Manager
Acts as liaison and subject matter expert for outside legal counsel and collection agencies to strengthen Paychex' financial position in bankruptcy and high-risk collection matters. Maintains knowledge of Paychex and/or its subsidiaries and leverages new and existing strategies in collaboration with internal and external legal counsel to maximize recoveries on delinquent accounts. Develops and utilizes department metrics to perform trend analysis, evaluate and report on industry trends to identify future risks, and coordinate strategies with the management and workout teams.
- Acts as workout function lead and single point of contact on all accounts filing for bankruptcy protection, prepares appropriate documentation and coordinates involvement of outside counsel in litigation and bankruptcy proceeding. Reviews the filing of proofs of claim and motions for relief and ensures Paychex is listed as a creditor on the bankruptcy.
- Acts as a single point of contact on all collections accounts - both with internal business partners for the collection of documents/information and with collection agencies and/or outside counsel to expedite resolution efforts.
- Facilitates follow-up on all accounts placed with outside counsel for weekly update to management on progress of suits. Tracks expenses on unresolved cases and maintains suit threshold for escalation to legal.
- Acts as consultant for internal business partners to select and draft documentation for Confessions of Judgments, Promissory Notes, and Amortization Schedules to initiate and maximize repayment of debts.
- Participates in and serves on project teams to innovate collection strategies and implement process improvements by leveraging available legal tactics and collaborating with legal department colleagues, strengthening the company's position on recovery efforts.
- Prepares all account files for export to the collection agencies, applies all agency payments, and maintains account integrity in the system to ensure corresponding data on record within Paychex and with outside agency vendors align.
- Understands FDCPA, NACHA, and other regulatory and legal concerns. Uses legal/courts knowledge to recommend and develop appropriate resolve for accounts and prevents violation of the automatic stay.
- Monitors and reviews clients referred to collection agencies and clients that have filed for bankruptcy to provide regular status updates to management.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Paychex products and services including, but not limited to, Taxpay, Direct Deposit, Readychex, PBS, Garnishments, 401(k), Workers Compensation, Health and Benefits, National Health, FSA, FSA Debit Card, Advantage, and their corresponding systems. Performs analysis of existing controls, processes, policies, and procedures to make recommendations on improvements to the management team.
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
- Bachelor's Degree in U.S. Law Degree, Pre-Law, Criminal Justice - Preferred
- 3 years of experience in High-volume bankruptcy and/or legal collections environment.
- Knowledge of legal processes involving the collection of delinquent accounts, collection laws and practices.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Paralegal Certification - Preferred
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.