Senior Software Developer- SurePayroll
Creates detailed technical specifications, develops application and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, and supports ongoing maintenance.
- Creates design documentation and code independently for intermediate to complex modules. Follows documentation, architectural, and coding standards. Identifies code, process, and/or standard inefficiencies and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Creates and executes automated unit tests, manual unit tests, and manual integration tests. Tracks and resolves intermediate to complex defects.
- Reviews and evaluates detailed business, functional and high level technical requirements. Acquires and utilizes business knowledge to support applications.
- Designs detailed technical components with high-level architecture, recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate to moderately complex applications. Applies reusability and future state architectures. Participates in design and code reviews.
- Provides and confirms detailed tasks and estimates for assigned work items.
- Plans and conducts timely structured code reviews to enforce coding standards and effective systems interoperability.
- Identifies support issues, assists in troubleshooting activities, and provides technical assistance of medium to complex problems by determining the nature, impact, extent, and appropriate resolution of application issues identified in various environments.
- Merges code, builds and deploys application packages in the appropriate lower environments to facilitate testing by other departments. Effectively communicates and coordinates efforts with the release coordinator, developers, and various other personnel on the build and deployment process.
Main office is in Glenview, IL, work can also be done out of the Warrensville, IL location.
- 5+ years of experience in developing web applications using C#, ASP.NET, MVC
- Web API, Entity Framework. (Nice to Have)
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise relational DB (SQL Server preferred).
- Proven hands on experience in web technologies, such as jQuery, Angular . (Nice to Have)
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, including design patterns.
- Good unit testing skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.