IT Financial & Contract Management Analyst
Provides vendor management, purchasing and controls relating to IT products and services. This includes contract analysis, negotiations, relationship management and financial analysis.
- Conducts IT contract analysis related to hardware and software by reviewing vendor contract terms and making appropriate changes so the terms best align with Paychex business and legal objectives.
- Handles hardware and software maintenance renewals and negotiations by researching product use roadmaps with the appropriate technology/business managers to determine quantities, terms and timelines.
- Researches and evaluates product requests to provide proper purchasing strategies best suited to the business requirements.
- Negotiates price breaks independently by coordinating purchases to align with significant purchasing deadlines and our company's needs.
- Manages purchasing relationship, identifies IT vendor product and pricing changes. Works with vendor to resolve any discrepancies between invoicing and packing slips/deliveries. Represents the department and company for IT vendor meetings and account reviews.
- Maintains all records relating to contracts, software and hardware to insure Paychex complies with all legal aspects of it's relationships with third parties.
- Maintains and tracks all IT vendors doing business with Paychex, and is involved with negotiations and analyzing invoicing amounts, discrepancies and explanations.
- Performs financial analysis for expenditures and assists project management teams to report financial impacts of projects. This includes analyzing operating impacts against available budgets, presenting financial analysis to appropriate individuals for decision making and reviewing change requests for accuracy/'in budget' status by using acquired knowledge of hardware and software builds.
- Provides input to management concerning the yearly financial operating and capital plans and executes cost reductions based on the plan. Recommends changes to existing and future plans based on monthly fluctuations in expenses.
- Creates and maintains operating budget information for the Data Center and PC Management cost centers.
- Provides cost center specific analysis regarding capital deployment planning and operating related expenses for IT purchases.
- Tracks all IT related budget initiatives in Service Center database for review and reporting.
- Maintains software inventory and performs hardware, software and license audits as required. Responsible to understand and identify licensing models relating to changing technologies which drive lower cost alternatives for Paychex.
- Creates and enforces policies and procedures relating to IT product acquisition and use.
- Associate's Degree in Business/Accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Accounting.
- 4 years of experience in Accounting/ Purchasing, vendor management, contract and financial analysis.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.