PEO Payroll Tax Specialist - HROi - Tampa
Prepares federal, state and local tax returns, processes payroll tax payments and maintains compliance with payroll tax regulations. Resolves client tax issues and ensures that PEO tax accounts remain in balance.
- Coordinates tax payments and returns with Taxpay and PEO Accounting to ensure timely payment of PEO payroll taxes to agencies.
- Researches payment and liability variances between Taxpay accounts and payroll system liabilities to ensure accurate tax payments.
- Ensures timely filing with agencies of all necessary payroll tax returns.
- Assists payroll clients with tax-related issues, including client tax penalty notices to meet their expectations.
- Responds to and resolves PEO Parent Company Tax Notices on behalf of PEO.
- Provides PEO Compliance group with information and data needed to file corporate reports for PEO.
- Prepares written correspondence for clients to notify tax agencies when a client joins PEO.
- Ensures that PEO tax filings meet agency compliance regulations when the tax is not supported by the Taxpay product.
- Prepares and distributes W2s to worksite employees requesting copies or needing changes in accordance with PEO Employer of Record responsibilities.
- Amends tax returns to accommodate for client prior quarter adjustments (PQAs).
- Ensures accurate transmission of tax returns and information from PEO to Taxpay at quarter- and year-end.
- Determines correct local tax coding for worksite employees.
- Verifies and releases PQAs to ensure accuracy of all information that will feed to parent entities and affect tax returns.
- Acts as subject matter expert regarding taxation/processing questions.
- Maintains integrity of tax files for parent entities to maintain compliance with federal, state and local tax agency requirements.
- Knowledge of MasterTax preferred.
- H.S. Diploma - Required
- 3 years of experience in Payroll or accounting.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.