IT Operations Center Technician I - All Shifts
In a supervised 24/7 Operations Center, executes daily processing schedules for payroll branches and Corporate business units. Monitors the Paychex network of servers, components, switches, routers, backups, and associated hardware using a variety of established software tools. Responds to system issues and alerts for defined business services. Initiates problem tickets to Enterprise Support and third level technical teams and performs documented troubleshooting steps.
- Monitors Paychex business applications including Unix and Windows infrastructure and processes, Network routers and switches, middleware, and user transactions using a variety of monitoring tools to ensure the operational uptime of the business services. Responds to alerts and takes appropriate action based on defined knowledge and procedures to ensure maximum systems uptime.
- Monitors automated job scheduler to identify abnormal job completion and to ensure the success of daily, monthly, and quarter end processing jobs for branches and Corporate business units. Follows documented procedures for consistent resolution of issues.
- Monitors system backups using various backup technologies to ensure critical system data is recoverable.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of the event condition to resolve alerts using various software tools and documentation.
- Executes routine processing jobs utilizing menu options to create encrypted media files for federal, state and local taxing agencies.
- Works with Enterprise Support and 3rd Level teams to manage incident and problem tickets to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Prepares backup tapes for offsite storage utilizing media scanning software to ensure availability of tapes for system and data recovery.
- Answers incoming Operation Center phone calls, log requests for service, and respond to email inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline.
- Applicant should have experience in IT Operations. Applicant should have experience with Paychex services and monitoring and processing tools. Applicant must be able to work a variety of shifts in a 24/7 operation.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.