Desktop Systems Engineer III
A specialized senior position under limited supervision requiring in-depth knowledge and experience in a wide spectrum of information technology systems, services, applications and related technologies. The candidate works independently and is responsible for troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware, operating systems, applications and related infrastructure and services in support of business service and requirements. The candidate is engaged in designing and implementing innovative service delivery, management, and administration solutions that leverage the latest virtualization, automation, orchestration, and security technologies. The candidate provides technical support, advice and guidance during critical and non-critical business hours responding to automated alerts and escalated incidents and requests. The candidate applies knowledge and skills to proactively identify opportunities to improve service delivery, reliability and performance creating, and implementing innovative solutions and automated process. In addition, candidate provides advice, guidance and training to less senior systems engineers and support staff, creates and maintains technical reference documentation used in support and training of Information Technology personnel.The position requires the continuing development of skills to support, administer, and engineer innovative integrated, cross-platform solutions that support the operations and goals of Paychex. The position exposes the candidate to all endpoint operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux) systems management and security services (SCCM, Citrix, McAfee, Powerbroker, Active Directory) and scripting and programming tools (Powershell, .Net). In addition, the candidate is expected to leverage system, OS, and application virtualization technologies, automation and orchestration as a means to deliver and support end-user services at Paychex.The candidate leverages the latest technologies from Microsoft, Citrix, Hewlett Packard, Adobe, Oracle, EMC, VMWare, McAfee, Cisco, Riverbed, Google, ServiceNow and others in our IT environment that are critical to delivering information technology services. The candidate will participate on project and delivery teams with cross-functional engineers, software developers, architects, business representatives, and many more responsible for delivering new and upgraded products, services, features / functionality, and remediating defects and issues for Paychex's end-user computing environment and related services.
- Provides technical support during critical and non-critical business hours on complex hardware, operating systems, applications, and related systems and services. Is proactive and reactive for problem alerting, analysis, resolution, and follow-up to ensure platform and service stability, reliability, and availability. Provides advice and guidance to less senior systems engineers, IT and business partners.
- Builds, configures, tests, pilots, and deploys complex hardware, operating system, applications and service solutions in physical and virtual computing environments to corporate and vendor standards.
- Proactively Develops and implements automated service delivery, provisioning and remediation processes that reduce or eliminate user interaction and enhance system and service reliability.
- Creates and maintains technical reference documentation to be used in support and training of Information Technology (IT) personnel.
- Performs complex application and service upgrades and patching, monitors and maintains compliance in accordance with established Paychex IT policies and standards.
- Proactively identifies, remediates, and automates the identification and resolution of system and service failures and performance issues.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for service delivery performance improvement and automation.
- Recommends and participates in the creation of corporate standards, best practices, and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies.
- Recommends and participates in the creation of designs for corporate IT systems.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Supports cross-functional project teams to help deliver required solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline and/or an IT certification in an applicable field.
- 4 years of experience in Applicant should have experience in IT systems administration and process management.
- 8 years of experience in Extensive experience with and a working knowledge of information technology security, management, administration, and service delivery process leveraging a wide spectrum of enterprise technologies and services.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.