Manager, Software Development - SurePayroll
The Development Team Lead - SurePayroll provides technical expertise and leadership to developers across multiple agile teams, and partners with stakeholders across the business to design and deliver software solutions that improve performance.
- Manage and optimize engagement and performance of team members through goal setting and measurement, coaching, recognition, and feedback via regular check-in meetings and formal performance reviews.
- Lead the continuous improvement of software development and test processes through collaboration with developers, architects and peers, including architectural reviews, security and compliance reviews, code reviews, quality gates and delivery pipeline.
- Work closely with developers and tech leads to ensure architecture and development approach results in best-in-class optimal technical design.
- Provide technical management and leadership in an agile environment to software developers working across multiple agile teams and other business stakeholders on new product development and existing product maintenance activities.
- Recruits and develops talent on the team to minimize turnover, promote career growth, and develop bench strength.
- Lead the iterative improvement of software deployment processes to improve frequency and quality of releases.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in Leading engineering teams of 8-12 software and test engineers in an agile environment.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development building Software Products.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
- Ability to lead/manage others.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 40 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 590,000 payroll clients across 100 locations and pays one out of every 15 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com, and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.